This is a low carb recipe for Stuffed Mushrooms that everyone loves, even my non-low carb friends. In fact, I'm always requested to bring these to parties or get-togethers.
Just in time for your New Years eve party!
- 60 Button Mushrooms (approximately 2") Cleaned & De-stemmed
- 1lb. Package of Bob Evans Ground Italian Sausage - Browned
- 3 or 4 Slices of bacon - Cooked and Crumbled
- 1 8oz Package of Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Parmesan Cheese or Asiago Cheese - Grated
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion - finely Chopped
- 1 Cup of Portabella mushrooms or Use the Stems from the Button Mushrooms - Finely Chopped
Place in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for approximately 20 to 30 minutes until hot. Do not over bake or they will be dry.
The combined ingredients can be made in advanced and stored in the refrigerator. Baking time may take an additional 10 to 15 minutes if prepared from a cold state.
Yields 60 stuffed mushrooms. Each 1 has approximately 1/2 carbohydrate.