- 4 Portabella mushrooms, washed with stems removed and bottoms lightly coated with olive oil
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked
- 2/3 cup of goat cheese, shredded
- black olives, for garnishment
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 4 fluid ounce of heavy whipping cream
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of Romano cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- salt to taste
While baking mushrooms, combine ingredients 1 through 5 over medium heat, stirring constantly till melted. Then mix in egg yolk and simmer over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes till thickened.
*You may substitute with red sauce.
Fill each mushroom with enough sauce to cover the bottom, then layer toppings. You may drizzle any remaining sauce over the mushrooms, then place back in oven for 10 to 15 minutes.