What makes the all new F150 so exceptional is that the body panels are made out of military grade aluminum allowing the truck to weigh 700 lbs. less then the 2014 F150. This allows for more tow capacity (up to 12,200 lbs.) and better fuel economy. It also allows for the combination of power and efficiency with the all new 2.7 L. ecoboost engine which has 325 horsepower, 375 ft lbs of torque and gives you 19/26/22 (City/Hwy/Comb) EPA fuel economy. The aluminum body inhibits rust perforation and dent depths are 30% less deep vs steel body panels.
But don't let the lighter weight be confused with less strength. The 2015 F150 has a fully boxed steel frame that uses 78% high strength steel vs 2014 F150's 23% high strength steel.
The 2015 F150 is more aerodynamically designed with a active grille shutter system, headlamps that are pushed out to allow air detachment and a laid back windshield are just a few of the many design improvements.
But what I am really loving about the lariat is convenient luxury features such as:
- Front-facing LED spotlights are included on the left-hand and right-hand outside mirrors; perfect when changing a tire or finishing up work in the evening.
- Tailgate Step with Tailgate Lift Assist; new fully integrated design stows inside the tailgate, out of the way, helping keep out dirt and debris, and creating a smooth, flat tailgate surface
- LED box light; angled toward load and works seamlessly with a tonneau cover.
- BoxLink with premium locking cleats allow you to customize box space and add accessories.
- PowerScope power-folding/power-telescoping trailer tow mirrors allow the truck to fit in tight spaces with the touch of a button.
- Twin panel Vista Roof for more light and openness.
- 360 degree camera which has many functions but one of my favorite is the Dynamic Hitch Assist which uses a center line that moves as steering adjustments are made. It displays the projected path, diminishing the need for a spotter.
- Optional heated steering wheel and heated/cooled seats.